Saturday, February 28, 2015

Kylie Jenner Makeup Tutorial

Hey Everyone! So the other day I did Kylie Jenner inspired makeup. I'll admit I wasn't a huge fan of her makeup to begin with, but recently I've been wanting to branch out of my makeup comfort zone and do some looks I wouldn't normal do. I tend to usually be inspired by makeup that's very classic and involves red lips. This for me was a totally different look than I usually wear, and I loved it.


So first off Kylie is known for her lips. I think this was the part of the look that I was most excited, and also nervous to do. I started off my makeup like usually with my Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. I did not use any powder in this look because I wanted it to look as natural and dewy as possible. I then used my Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess for countouring. I highlighted under my eyes using Bare Minerals Well Rested, which gives me more of that dewy effect.


On my eyes I used the color Limit from the Naked 3 Palette as my base color. In my crease I used the color Sketch from Mac. The key to this look was a lot of blending. I only used these 2 colors, but I did a lot of blending with Sketch to give a more natural appearance. You don't want any harsh lines in this eye shadow. I then used a Mac 266 brush and took Sketch and applied it under my lower lash line, and did not blend it. For my eyeliner I used my Marc Jacobs liquid eyeliner pen. On my water line I used a Rimmel white eyeliner. Any white eyeliner will do, as this will brighten up your eyes and give you that doe eyed effect. My mascara was my usual combination of Urban Decay Perversion and Subversion. I then applied Mac 43 lashes. There are definitely better eyelashes to achieve her look, but I personally really like how these look my eyes so they are my go-to lashes.


I used my Anastasia Brow Pomade in Ebony for my brows. Kylie has very strong naturally full brows. To achieve this I applied the product very lightly on my inner eye brows, giving them a hint of a shape, rather than using harsh lines. It really is up to you how you draw your browns in but Kylie has a very natural brow line and I choose to mimic that.


Pictured above: Limit, Sketch, Rimmel Lip Liner in 18 Addiction, and Rimmel London Kate Moss 08.


Lastly, the lips. I used a Rimmel Lip line and a Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 08 to achieve Kylie's over drawn lips. Kylie tends to wear a lot of Nudey Pink colors and Mac Brave is a perfect color for this. I decided to buy some dupes from Rimmel and NYX to test them out, however. I really love this shade from Rimmel and it actually wears extremely well for a drug store lipstick. To get her signature over drawn lips I used my lipliner and lined the outside of my lips just slightly beyond my natural lip line. You can't tell so much on the bottom, but you can see this more on the top. It's up to you to decide how much to line them, and it takes some experimentation. 

Here's the finished look. Hope you enjoyed!



No comments:

Post a Comment