Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Blank Space Inspired Makeup


Hey Everyone! I just wanted to do a short blog post of a Taylor Swift inspired look from the Blank Space Video.

Her look from the music video is actually really easy to achieve. I just kinda did an inspired one from all of her looks. The first thing I did was use a primer for my eyes. (I used Groundwork from Mac.) You then want to use a white color for the base of the eyeshadow. I used Nylon from Mac. You could also use Virgin from the Naked Palette as well.


I then used to color Gunmetal from the Naked palette in the crease and outer corner of my eyes. Taylor has a matte grey/purple color that she uses through the video. I decided to use Gunmetal because it was the closest color I had, and I know a lot of people own the Naked Palette. 


The key to her look, as usual, is her eyeliner. I used my favorite Marc Jacobs eyeliner pen to achieve the look. It's definitely a more dramatic wing, but you could do a smaller wing and use matte eye shadow to have it be more for day wear.


I used my Urban Decay Mascara (definitely a favorite), pictured here:


Lastly red lipstick. This is definitely key to her look, along with the eyeliner. You can definitely play around with the colors you use, as T


aylor wears several different colors in the music video. I decided to use Amsterdam from Nars.


I will for sure be posting a more in depth tutorial, possibly a haul, and maybe a November favorite sometime very soon. Hope you guys all have a great night! xx

Here's a very dark selfie of the makeup after a couple hours wear. It shows up great in photos, especially if you need a holiday look.




No comments:

Post a Comment