Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Spring Makeup!

Hey everyone! I wanted to do something a little different today, so if you have zero interest in makeup, that's cool you can just ignore this. For those of you that are (like me) beauty junkies I'm going to tell you about some of my favorite spring products!


 So these are the main products I am featuring in this blog post. From foundation to lipstick, I've got you covered. I'm thinking about doing a favorites foundation post, so if you would like to see that let me know!

So the first thing of all makeup, foundation! I picked out 2 foundations for this post. My favorite is Touche Eclat from YSL but the other day I re-discovered my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. The YSL foundation has a very light coverage, with a more dewy finish. It looks very good on young skin, as it's pretty growly and has light coverage. My only issue with this foundation is it doesn't last throughout the day. It's good for school or work, but it doesn't make it into the night. On the other hand the Vitalumiere Aqua is a VERY different foundation. This foundation is good for oily skin types, and has a medium coverage. It has a matte finish, but it has incredible lasting power and is a beautiful staple foundation. 




Here we have 2 lip products. Mac Peach Blossom and a CO Bigelow lipgloss. The Mac shade is a very light, creamy pink and the lipgloss is clear but, it smells like chocolate. It's seriously heavenly.


Here's a highlight product. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect highlight. I've tried Mac, NARS, Benefit, and others and am still on the hunt. This is the NARS one in Albatross, it has a beautiful luminescent glow, but if you have dry skin it does cling to your skin a bit more.


Here's a new blush I have picked up from a brand called The Balm. This is a great dupe for NARS Orgasm, it has the same gold flecks and light pink color. But it's half the price. It gives a gorgeous natural color to your cheeks, and it is suitable for any skin color.




Almost last, we have eyeshadow.  I'm picking a palette first off, because I know a ton of people have this, and the Naked 3 Palette is rose gold inspired. So every color in here is perfect for Spring. For Mac shades I have Naked Lunch and Nylon.


Lastly, here are some eyeliners, Mascara, and eye brightener. For eyeliners I picked Maybelline Lash Stilleto and a Makeup Forever Blue Liner. Cat eyes and flicks were on the runway so much for spring, along with metallics and gloss. The Maybelline is your typical black, but the Makeup Forever one is a gorgeous Metallic Blue Color, similar to what Taylor Swift wore to the Grammys this year. I picked my favorite Mascara of the moment, which is the Smashbox eye-brightening mascara. And for more eye-brightening I picked a bareMinerals product. This product has a gorgeous white, almost glossy glow. It really does make your eyes and face light up and look more awake.

Hope you all enjoyed!

I'll be back soon!! xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment