Friday, March 28, 2014

Favorite Foundations!


Hey Everyone! So I haven't fashion blogged much this week, mostly because of sucky weather and a lack of transitional clothes. But I just got a new job, so hopefully soon I can do some shopping and resume normal fashion blogging. Anyway, I wanted to do a favorite foundations review for you all today!

So first off I'm going to talk about the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizers. I have these in two shades, one is Porcelain and the other is Bisque. I can either mix them or use one or the other depending on how tan I am. I absolutely love this product for two things, one when I am having a really good skin day and the other for summer. When I don't want a layer of foundation on my skin I definitely use these, as it's very light and low coverage. It's also great in the summer for going out because it is so light. The only thing I would caution is, it's more oily than a typical foundation. If I wear it for too many days I will start to break out. So I don't use this product as a daily foundation.

Next I will talk about my Touche Eclat foundation from YSL. This was a long time favorite of mine. I used it throughout all of fall and most of winter. It's another great really love converge foundation, it also smells really good. I have dry skin so I like this because it doesn't stick to dry patches as much as other foundation. This product has a very dewy, summery finish that I love for a year round foundation. The only thing that irks me about this foundation is if I don't use a primer it doesn't last all day. Especially on my nose and chin where foundation doesn't like to stay.

While we're on the light coverage products I'll also talk about the Garnier BB Cream. I believe I have this in the light/medium color. It's a bit too tan for me but it's nice in the summer when I am tan. This BB Cream has a super dewy, gorgeous glow to it I haven't found in another foundation. I would say it has more coverage than the Laura Mericer tinted moisturizer but still less then Touche Eclat. This is another foundation that I would recommend for dry skin and definitely avoid if you have oily skin. I strictly use this in the summer also.

Moving on to foundations with more coverage, Makeup Forever HD foundation is incredible. I bought this foundation and wasn't to crazy about it, but after coming back and using again, it is my favorite at the moment. It has more of a matte finish to it and a medium to high coverage level. This foundation lasts all day on me, but if my skin is dry I don't use this foundation. It's definitely made for normal to oily skin types. This is a fantastic product if you need a bit more coverage though, with a semi matte finish.

Now, high coverage foundations! I purchased Chanel Vitalumiere a bit more than a year ago, and I still love it. For me personally, I think Chanel excels at coloring. This foundation is the closest I have to my skin tone, which is more pink than yellow. So by far my favorite thing about this foundation is the color. It goes on very wet and almost runny, but after setting it has a matte, very light powdered look to it. It's a medium-high coverage, but I would definitely say it leans more towards a high coverage foundation. I love this foundation for going out, because it is so high coverage and it has relatively good staying power. I would use this foundation more in the colder months, but I also think it could be used year round because it has very buildable coverage.

Lastly, Estee Lauder Double Wear. This was the very first foundation I ever owned, and I love it. It definitely is a very high coverage foundation with incredible lasting power. Because it is so high coverage I rarely use it. This foundation is definitely marketing more towards oily and normal combo skin types. It's a great foundation if you've just had a breakout and need to cover any kind of scarring, or if you skin is being really uneven. I don't think I would recommend this for a normal foundation, but for any problem skin days, this should be in your makeup bag.

Alright, hope you guys enjoyed! xx 
Do comment if you use any of these foundations and tell me what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment