Saturday, May 30, 2015

Summer Skin Essentials

Hey everyone! So if you're anything like me, you're finally stoked that summer is approaching. However, with the change of seasons that usually means your skin is gonna go through some rough times and you'll have to adjust your skin care products. I know for me my skin goes from dry in the winter to normal combination skin in the summer. 

Here are some of my favorite summer skin care products that I use to keep my skin looking healthy:


Some of the most important products are face masks. A lot of people neglect to use them, but they really do change your skin for the better when used weekly or as needed. My favorite mask, by far, is the Origins Clear Improvement mask. I use this year round, but it really helps to clear your pores, especially when your skin is starting to feel oily. Recently, I'm also loving the Lush face masks. Here I have pictured Love Lettuce, but I've also used Catastrophe Cosmetic. Love Lettuce is just a great, general cleansing face mask, plus it smells so good. Catastrophe Cosmetic is maybe one of the best face masks for oily skin. It really works to set your skin back to its natural texture. I like to use this if I've been wearing a heavy foundation in the summer to clean my pores out. It also smells like blueberries, so that's a plus. So many of the Lush products are simply amazing. You can even get a free mask when you bring in 5 black pots from previous purchases. Recycling at it's finest!


Next up, is moisturizing your skin. Many people, especially with oily skin, tend to skip this step. Don't! Moisturizing your skin is SO important, especially if you have oily skin. I'm still obsessing over my Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Power Scrub, but it does dry your skin out over time, which will cause your skin to produce more oil and thus breakout. Balance is the most important part of skin care. After using any kind of face wash, or toner (I use the toner from the Acne Stress Control line), you should moisturize. My favorite moisturizer right now is my Renewed Hope in a Jar from Philosophy. This does a great job of making your skin feel soft, without feeling oily. The next product pictured is an oil, but it's one I like to use on my hands and other dry areas. The L'occitane Almond Supple Skin Oil is freaking amazing. First, it lasts forever. This is a beauty reward one I got from Sephora last year. Second, it smells amazing. It's so light and summery, with a hint of a nutty smell and it just makes me think of spring and summer. It's great to use on your hands or elbows, or any other cracking skin you have.


Lastly, some summer makeup products I love to use. I'm still raving about my Armani Luminous Silk foundation. This foundation is so light and dewy, without looking like you're even wearing makeup. It's a bit of a steep price to pay (62$) but I think it's totally worth it. My only issue with this foundation is I do feel that it contributes to my skin being more oily. So I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with oily skin. However, using a primer under this foundation is really the key to making it last all day and not making your skin feel oily afterwards. It's still the most incredible and natural foundation I have ever used, and the quickest one I've ever ran out of. I'm also loving the Maybelline Age Rewind concealer as both a concealer and a highlight. This concealer has such a natural, luminous glow to it. I've been using it under my eyes and to highlight my cheekbones, in addition to my nose. If you're on the hunt for a new concealer, check this out. Plus, it's Maybelline so it's so much cheaper than a high end concealer, but it does as great a job as any.


 Tell me what your favorite summer skin care products are in the comments! I'm also looking for new stuff to try.


No comments:

Post a Comment