Saturday, January 18, 2014

Saturday Antiquing


So today my friends and I decided to take a trip to the local antique store. I've always had a love for antique stores. My parents would constantly take me to flea-markets and antique stores every time we went on road trips. So I'm no stranger to them at all.


This specific antique store has a mini library in it. The oldest book we found today was from 1892. Talk about antique...


Here's a cute decorative idea, too. They had strung fairy lights across the top of a shelf and covered each light with a blue glass. Simple, easy and elegant 
decorating at it's finest.

And here a mini collage of me perusing the rooms:




There was a really cool vintage, black beaded and collared shirt I found in the old clothing room. I love looking at all the old hats they have in there and trying them on. It's just inspiring to see fashion from decades ago come alive in one room. I'm also on the hunt for a black faux fur coat. (Gotta check all the antique/thrift stores I can find.)

 I think my favorite things to look at are the old pictures, clothes and (of course) typewriters.



"...at midnight your wish will come true if you wish very hard. I promise."



Can we also talk about this dog?




Chubbiest dog I have ever seen but still so sweet. He reminded me of a teddy bear and I really wanted to take him home...


Here's a stool I may be slightly obsessed with.



I also found these pins for my future school. Gotta love the majoring in excitement one.


I also found this beautiful Union Jack desk. I just really love antiquing. I rarely go in looking for anything specific but I always come out either with something, or feeling more inspired. There's just something very enchanting being able to touch and hold things people used to treasure. Or to flip through all the old photograhs. The memories of so many people are left behind in such a subtle, yet magically haunting way. You can't help but wonder what the individual people were like. Especially with rings. Did someone give them the ring, has it been passed down for decades and now it's lost in this store? I just love being able to literally walk through the past.



xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment