Sunday, January 26, 2014

Favorite Winter Lipsticks


Hey Everyone! Recently, I've been battling sub zero temperatures outside (as I'm sure many of you in the US have) and have been trying to find ways to amp up my makeup. The weather has definitely taken its toll on me but luckily there's always lipstick to make my makeup a bit brighter.

So without further adieu, grab of cup of tea and enjoy your read.

Favorite Winter Lipsticks of 2014:


Left to right:
Estee Lauer in 08 Plum Divine, Maybelline in Are You Red-Dy, Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me, Mac Heroine, NARS Funny Face, Mac Viva Glam V, Mac Media, Chanel Audace, Clinique Merlot


 Swatches in Order without Flash:



Swatches in Order with Flash:


My Favorites out of this groups are Heroine, Funny Face, and Media. I'm definitely into playing with colors at the moment. Heroine was a new find for me this year. I had seen a lot of makeup gurus talk about it and I decided to purchase it. It's become my favorite color of the winter right now. I've talked about it before but it's a very wearable color that any skin type can wear. Funny Face is also a very wearable color despite its bright pink color. It has metallic blue and purple reflections, which make it suitable for any skin color. Media is also a great color. The best way to describe it would be a purpley-red color that is almost brown. This lipstick is definitely the most difficult to wear in my opinion, as not everyone is a fan of the color.

  I'm also loving using a classic red lipstick such as Audace and using the plum lipstick from Estee Lauder on top. Red lipsticks are a staple year round, but look especially stunning in the winter season. Especially if they are paired with a brown smokey eye.

Maybelline Baby Lips is also great, it looks very pale in this shot but it actually gives your lips a very natural red color. In my opinion it enhances your natural lip color without changing it. It's a great color to slip on when you're in a rush and just want to add some color to your lips. And the best part is, it's a lip balm. So if you're suffering from dry lips this is a great product for $3-4.

I hope everyone is having a great Sunday, stay warm!!

1 comment:

  1. Love love LOVE that Baby Lips! I've been thinking about trying Media - I'm always on the hunt for a dark lippie!

    ReplyDelete